Thursday, October 25, 2012

Blogger's BOM... The Setting

Hello Everyone,

So this is it... the very LAST month!  Thank you for all who have participated and for those that haven't the links to ALL the tutorials are available FOREVER on my right side bar... yep... right over there...

Now to what you have been waiting for, my vision for the setting.


Here is a little sneak peek.

Here is what you will need to complete the top:

36 ~ 2.25" X 8.5" for sashing between blocks

24 ~ 2.25" X 2.25" squares for cornerstones between sashing

4 ~ 10 7/8" X 10 7/8" squares cut in half once on the diagonal for the setting triangles

2 ~ 9" X 9" squares cut in half on the diagonal once for the setting corners

2 ~ 2.5" X 44.25" strips for inner border (matches gray background)

2 ~ 2.5" X 46.5" strips for inner border (matches gray background)

96 ~ 2.5" X 6.5" rectangles for the piano keys borders

4 ~ 6.5" squares for border corners


2.5" X 6.5" rectangles for piano keys


Piano keys arranged in the color order that you would like.  I used the same fabrics that had been used in all the blocks for each month. 


Setting and corner squares need to be cut on the diagonal once.


Sashing strips.


Cornerstones for sashing.


Inner border.


Using the layout above you will layout your blocks in the format you would like.  Then place your sashing strips in between each block.  Place your cornerstones at the end of each sash.  I used two colors for my cornerstones.  

Then place your setting triangles and corners in and begin to sew the blocks, sashing, cornerstones and setting triangles together in rows, pressing as you go until the body of the quilt is complete.

Now you will add your inner border strips.  I used the same color as my background gray.  Add the sides first then the top and bottom.

Now layout your rectangles and four squares for your piano keys borders.  Sew the rectangles together to form your borders and then apply them to the body of the quilt.  You may have to ease in a little bit of fabric, but I mean a very little, when you apply the border to the body of the quilt.  

Once these are on you now can layer, quilt as desired and then bind.  Voila your quilt is done!!

Please don't forget to post your completed tops in the Flickr group.  I can't wait to see them.

Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

20 comments:

Soile Kivinen said...

It is delicious!

Lesley said...

Wonderful! Will start cutting! Thank you so much for a great QAL!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Wow, wow, wow Jackie, what a fabulous setting! Incredibly striking. Fabulous job and thank you for hosting such an awesome bom! xo

gi quilt said...

Cool setting!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Bold and beautiful. It's going to be fun to see Blogger BOM finishes popping up here and there. I know everyone has enjoyed it. Thank you for including me, even though I fell off of the wagon a few months back.

Kim said...

Nicely done! I do love how the strips keep it so lively.....I've got to look around in my stash to see what will make my blocks pop like that. I really like this setting even though on point is so much extra work to me.
Thanks so much for this fun BOM and hosting all those designers too.

Happy Sewing

SewWhatsNew said...

This was a fun year of BOM. Thank you so much. I won't be able to work on my quilt for a few days. But wanted to thank you. Cheers.

Nedra said...

Thanks for such a fun Quilt Along Jackie! I really enjoyed joining you on this adventure. I made extra blocks, so my quilt will be a little bigger, but I love your setting and will be using it for sure.

Unknown said...

Jackie it is beautiful...I only have block 1 & 2 done but am working on finishing it....thanks for all your lovely work.

Cyndi said...

I made mine fairly scrappy - there are a few Kaffe Fassett fabrics in it, so my new challenge, and I love challenges, is to find a suitable sashing fabric. The piano keys will be scrappy - and that will be so fun to do. I love the idea of setting the blogs on point!

Maria said...

WOW!!! Just love it Jackie...
Hope to put my together over the weekend...
Thank you for organising The BOM..
I have enjoyed participating...

Sallie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary said...

Mine are very scrappy, one color will bring them all together- great setting.

Venus de Hilo said...

What a fun layout! Love the wavy striped sashing, so lively.

(One last block to catch up on here, hope to get that done this weekend.)

CathyK said...

That quilt is just beautiful!!!! I LOVE it!!!!!!!

Gay said...

I love the way you put it together. Could you tell me what the fabric is that you used in the sashing??? I am needing one like this for a baby quilt. Thanks. Gay

Unknown said...

It's beautiful! I love all the personality in each block :)

Andrée said...

Magnifique quilt .J'adore ces couleurs.
Bonjour de France!

Peggy said...

I am almost finished putting this quilt together and I think the corner triangles should be 9 1/2 inches not 9. I am short 1/4 inch on my corners. Please let me know what you think.

Anonymous said...

Very much regret to say that Block #3 pattern and tutorial have been removed from Stephanie Dunphy's blog, so all the block tutorials aren't available.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...