Saturday, October 13, 2012

Autumn Sunset

 Hello Everyone,

A little while ago, I was sent some beautiful batiks to play with and to use in making a new quilt design for a brand NEW quilting publication... Quilt It Today!

Of course, I could not pass up this opportunity to play with fabric, would you?? 


I started cutting and had some fun.  So many different fabrics give this quilt much more interest. 


I quilted an edge to edge design that had a slight vine, feather design.


I used a dark batik backing and the striped beige for the binding.  I love stripes on bindings.


Here is the quilt... doesn't it look right at home amongst the fallen New England leaves?  

Would you like to see it in the magazine??  I do...


Here is their photo shoot, it looks great doesn't it?? 

And guess what...


It made the cover!  My quilt is another cover girl!!  So excited!  

However, I can't seem to find a copy of this magazine.  I know they are in Joann stores, but we don't have one close by... I think I may be making a road trip!  Look at the price too... can't beat that!  

If you want to make this quilt, go out and get yourself a copy too!

They do have a website though, click here to see the site.  Once you get there, click on the tab for the designers and you will see my designer profile!  Again... very excited!

Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

20 comments:

Days and colors said...

I really like the way you quilted it, the motif goes so well, a beautiful quilt.

Karen M said...

Congratulations to the cover girl. It is beautiful. Your choice of quilting design and the bright colors really take that simple design up a notch.

Johanna said...

I found mine at Price Chopper in Torrington awhile back, I don't know if they still have any though!

Betsy said...

Jackie congratulations. I saw it at SAMs last Sunday. Finallyba magazine at a great price.

Soile Kivinen said...

WOW, it is really beautiful. And the quilt pattern fits perfectly.

Ps. Long time ago I asked you about gammill statler and yes, now I own one ... Happy happy dance!

Michele said...

I have that issue and did see your quilt. Congrats on making the cover. I'm out hopping to a bunch of the LQSs today with my sister. I can pick you up a copy if I come across it. I think I bout mine at the grocery store so you could look there too.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Definitely "Jackie" colors. Congratulations!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

congrats on another one! cute

giddy99 said...

Lovely! Congratulations on making the cover, too! I hope I find this mag somewhere - that IS a great price!

Gina Loomis said...

Congratulations! That's awesome being on the cover! The quilt is beautiful! Love the colors!

Kim said...

Yes you made that simple pattern rock with your use of fabric colors and your always terrific quilting choices.
Congratulations covergirl! I wish you continued success :0)

Happy Sewing

Ellie Q said...

Love the quilt, Jackie! Congrats!

Julie Bagamary said...

Congrats Jackie. It is wonderful!

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Congratulations Jackie...what a beautiful quilt (love batiks!!) Will be on the look out for this magazine for sure!! TFS

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

Wow Jackie, congratulations for making the cover! I love your quilt and always had a soft spot in my heart for batiks. The quilt looks gorgeous, lovely variegated thread and fantastic quilting design!

Nedra said...

Congratulations again Jackie for having another Cover Girl! So happy for you, and the quilt looks like such an easy one that can be put together quickly and use scraps. I love those kinds of quilts.

Jean said...

I saw it in the magazine! Looks great!

Sharon@LoftyQuilts.com said...

Jackie, Can you share where we can acquire that lovely e2e pattern you used for this great quilt?

antique quilter said...

congrats, I am actually working on a 4 patch quilt now! sometimes simple patterns are the best and well for me a great way to use up alot of the fabrics in my scrap basket!
I will have to look for the magazine will keep you posted
Kathie

Angie said...

It is gorgeous and I want one of those mags too. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...