Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Perfect Weekend

 Hello Everyone,

This past weekend we were able to attend Family Weekend at my daughter's college.  We had a fantastic time.  

Arriving on Friday in time to take my daughter out to dinner for a birthday celebration for my hubs.  The night was wonderful.  

The next day we attended some activities around campus.


We went to the International Festival and enjoyed some Greek Folk dancing.  My best friend, while I was growing up, is Greek and I so enjoyed this segment.  It brought back memories.


Look at how high he was able to get!!!  Amazing, he must have some really great leg muscles.

Then we went to a play, dinner in the dining hall... had to experience what my daughter is eating.  I must say, I had Brazilian Stew and it was delicious.

Then we went to an improv show and laughed and laughed!! A great day! 


It was nice to have my family all together on a wonderful fall day!

One more surprise arrived in my mailbox yesterday...


Back at the beginning of the summer, I was asked by Windham Fabrics to design a modern quilt with the fabric collection Day For Night by Rosemarie Lavin.  As you know I LOVE black and white fabrics, so I could not refuse this opportunity to design a quilt.  It is now in their newest catalog and ready for Quilt Market later this week!!!  

I will be at Quilt Market!  If you are headed to market, let me know I would love to say hello.


Any way the design will be available as a FREE project when the fabric arrives in shops in January.  You will be able to download it from Windham's site.  

Oh... don't forget to come back here on Thursday for the layout for the Blogger's BOM!!  It looks great!

Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

12 comments:

Jane said...

What a nice looking family! Love your quilt pattern. Congratulations on both!

Lesley said...

Congrats on a fabulous quilt and pattern. Your family weekend looked like a lot of fun!

Johanna said...

They have family weekend? I wonder if they had that when my husband was there. I alway wanted to attend a hockey game while he was there. Somehow, It just never worked out though.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Loving your polka dot sweater. Love circles on quilts. How fun for you to get to play with secret fabric. Congrats.

Jean(ie) said...

Opa!
I like black and white with a pop of color...

beaquilter said...

great quilt and totally jealous of the quilt market!!
that dance pics brought back memories too, I'm from Denmark and used to dance danish folk dance for 12 yrs. sigh.... hmm I'm going to play some of that music on spotify today!!

mascanlon said...

What a lovely weekend Jackie! We spent Saturday at my daughter's soccer game and family picnic...but she's the coach of the collegiate team! Over 100 family and friends so it was a great way to celebrate.
Love this quilt, hope someone kits it along the way!

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Love your quilt, Jackie! I'll be at Festival, not Market. So sorry to miss you!!

Ellie Q said...

Great quilt, Jackie! And re: the whole parents eating in the dining hall thing...my parents did that too. I was not happy. We ended up sitting with the ONLY other kid whose parents thought that was a great idea. That other kid is now my husband. :)

Nedra said...

What a wonderful family photo, Jackie. And love your new quilt! Have a great time at Market.

Michele said...

So glad you enjoyed your weekend in my neck of the woods. The family photo is wonderful. The quilt is too.

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

Congratulations Jackie! It WAS a beautiful weekend, indeed! The Greek dance must've been awesome! Your daughter has your smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...