Friday, February 3, 2012

A Star Is Born

Hello Everyone,

Back in October I blogged about this quilt here and here.  Then it sat on my design wall while I finished up customer quilts for the Christmas rush.  Now I can show you how much progress I made on my Glacier Star Quilt.  


The center "feathered" star.  I am in love with it!!


The Lone Star portion all complete as of Tuesday.  Pardon my deck, it really needs to be re-stained.  But it has been unusually warm here the past few days with temps at about 58 degrees so I just had to go outside for photos.  We will be re-staining and painting the house this summer.  It is one of those things that is on the "to do" list.


Detail of the geese.  Love the precision of the paper piecing.  So, now I need to set in all the corners and such.  That means 8 "Y" seams.  No sweat!!


These are the pieces that need to be set into the Lone Star.  You can see on the corner pieces I already did 4 "Y" seams.


Close up of one of the set in corners that I joined to the Lone Star.


Close up of one of the side triangles set into the Lone Star portion.


The quilt...  AHHHH.... Paper Pieced Heaven!


I just love all the New York Beauties and flying geese.  But I bet you think this quilt is done... guess again...

I am making it larger!  Currently, it measures 60 X 60 and I will be adding a few more New York Beauties and flying geese on all four sides.   It will become a Queen Size quilt.

For those of you wondering:

~I used all batik fabrics
~it is a Judy Niemeyer Pattern
~it is a Technique of The Month
~it is taught only by Judy's Certified Teachers
~I will be able to teach this after my certification is complete in July!!

~you can find more of her patterns here.

Please hop on over to my dear friend Victoria's blog... Bumble Beans!  She did a Color Interview with me and posted it yesterday.  She what we both have to say about color.

** One last note ~ Pop on over to Quilt Magazine's site to see my newest blog post there.  It is all about batiks!  Leave me a comment telling me your thoughts.  Just click here.**

Until Next Time...


Share/Bookmark

37 comments:

Mari, Tenerife (España) said...

It´s very, very, very, very beautiful. Congratulations.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

That quilt is on my "TO_DO" list. I love that quilt. I too will be making it King sized!

Jane said...

What an amazing quilt!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Totally fantabulous! A work of art. I love how the shadows dance on the quilt in the one photo. Paper piecing perfection.

ria vogelzang said...

S*T*U*N*N*I*N*G!!!!!!!!
What a beauty!!!!!!!
What a great job you've done!!

Terry said...

Wow! What an amazing quilt! It's just wonderful! :0)

Ailsa (Cape Pincushion) said...

Incredible! You are very talented!

Kim said...

Wow--your quilt is amazing! I would definitely take that class!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

very pretty - so many seams!
Karen

Nedra said...

That quilt looks so complicated from here. Another fabulous design by Judy. You represent her vision so well.

Lynette said...

It sure is gorgeous!! I need to put mine together. All the paper piecing is finished, just needs assembly. It is the third UFO out on the "Next!" list.

krisgray said...

WOW - that quilt is so lovely!!

antique quilter said...

AMAZING!!!! WOW I AM so impressed, love the fabric choices, love the pattern and to think I could even do this!
thanks for sharing you have inspired me today!
Kathie

Nifty Quilts said...

Well, it's taken me a few moments to lift my jaw from the floor. This is a show stopper!! I hope you plan to enter it into a competition. Your skills are amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

You do great work. I enjoy your site very much. KEEP IT UP. Wig.

Laura said...

All is can say is WOW!!! Love it!

Miki Willa said...

Wow,Wow,Wow! This is just stunning.

Karen said...

Jackie, it is breathtaking! Fabulous job - can't wait to see it finished.

BJ said...

Wow! So gorgeous!

barbara woods said...

wow is right maybe someday i can do that

LisaG said...

OMG, totally amazing.

The Village Queen said...

Wow that is gorgous, I love paper piecing too, but not quite ready for such an abmishous project. Really great color and fabric choices, thats the hardest part!

Chris Daly said...

What a fantastic quilt Jackie!

djbruno51 said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Someday I'll attempt this and you can teach me. Great inspiration.

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Cathi said...

It is absolutely staggeringly beautiful!! Wow! What a masterpiece this is going to be! Congratulations!

Tamie said...

Wow!

Donna Becker said...

It's gorgeous, Jackie! When I grow up (and who knows when that's going to happen!), I want to quilt just like you!

CaroleM said...

WOW is right!! It looks amazing! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Ana del Rio said...

Hola donde puedo conseguir los patrones gracias

Gari in AL said...

Wow, what a wonderful quilt you are making. I have looked at Judy's patterns but they seem way too complicated for me. Then I see what you have already done and I think about trying one. Love your quilt and am looking forward to seeing what else you do with it. By the way, I have a queen sized bed....hint, hint.

Jen said...

Wow! I want to make one of those. It's so beautiful. Great job!

Vesuviusmama said...

Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Cindy W Aus,
OMG the whole quilt is DIVINE!!!!!
From the coulours to the fabric to the precission, to the design.
Thank you for sharing the progressive pics.
BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Elisa Black said...

Another GORGEOUS beauty, Jackie!! Can't wait to see it with the additions. For you to keep?

Kathy MacKie said...

This is a jaw dropper for sure, just awesome.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful. Wow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...