Monday, March 14, 2011

A Scrapbusting Retreat!

Hello Everyone,

I just arrived home last night from a wonderful weekend at Victoria's. We relaxed, ate, chatted, laughed, and sewed until our hearts were content. We came from near and far to be with Victoria for this fun filled weekend.


Here we are, our entire group... minus me (I am taking the photo). But you can see another photo with me in it over at Victoria's.


Kim and Jessica really getting into those scraps! We all came with some to add to the mix, but Victoria was the winner... she had the most scraps by far.


Victoria happily sewing away.


Andrea arranging her beautiful blocks. She finished this quilt by the weeks end. I love this and Andrea knows it! My kind of colors.


Helen taking a break with her new furry friends. They really wanted to see what she was doing.


Karen was buried in fabric all weekend. Lots of greens and wait until you see what she made. Man was she prolific.


Kim stopped in for the night on Friday and brought some handwork. LeeAnn spent the weekend sewing HST's. Bonnie sat next to LeeAnn and is in the first picture. Not sure why I don't have a picture of her here.

Before the retreat, Karen had put out a call for all of us to make a "house" block for Victoria and include the color orange. Here is what we came up with...


Aren't they wonderful? Victoria was just tickled. I am so excited to see what she will do with them. I know whatever it is, it will be terrific!! My block is the tall, skinny skyscraper on the left side.

More photos to come!!

Oh, and if you have a minute... check out who I am blogging for now by clicking here. Please say hello and leave me a comment!

Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

19 comments:

kjshowalter said...

This looks like an absolutly amazingly fun weekend. I wish i was there :)

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

DID WE HAVE FUN??? Oh my lordy... I miss you guys already! LeeAnn just left... BOO! I found her in the scrap bins this morning for one last dig! ;-) hehehe! Thanks Jackie for everything... I love my blocks you allmade, and treasure our friendship... HUGS

Anne said...

What a great time for all of you. The scappy blocks look absolutely wonderful. Fun, fun, fun. Well done :0)

Riel Nason said...

That all looks like so much FUN! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Abby and Stephanie said...

You didn't say anything about sleeping? Perhaps the food was the energy you needed to so marathon sewing? :o)

Barb said...

What fun!!!

I went over where you posted and was glad I did....

Nedra said...

What a wonderful weekend! Nothing better than sewing with girlfriends.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks like a wonderful time - such a talented group.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

deborah said...

What an amazing weekend! Glad you had so much fun with quilty friends!

Sherri said...

Must have been so much fun Jackie! Probably hard to go home!

Nancy Page said...

What a great retreat! What fun! Love the pictures! Lots of creativity going on.

Have a super great day.

Thimbleanna said...

Those houses are fantastic Jackie. It looks like you had a great time!

Mary Beth said...

EXCELLENT! Looks like a blast! :)))))) I will be heading to NYC in 2 weeks for the Empire Quilters Guild's quilt show. I am looking forward to inspiration. And maybe even some sunshine???? (At least in the quilts!)

antique quilter said...

wow sure looks like a lot of fun and SEWING done this weekend
love the greens by Karen can't wait to see what she made....and of course what fun that must have been sorting thru that pile of scraps :)
Kathie

Cathi said...

What fun that must have been, playing with all those scraps!

Helen said...

this retreat looks fantastic!! Fantastic looking projects as end result. Love the smiling faces ans so much creativity.

Poppyprint said...

LOVE the idea of scrap retreat. What a great time you had!!!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

So great to see all the pics and imagine the fun, thanks for sharing with us. xo

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Wow...That would be so much fun to do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...