Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Quilted

Hello Everyone,

Peruvian Pinwheels is quilted! I decided to keep it a little elegant, but still simple.


I wanted the pinwheels to be accentuated and not lost, so I only did feathers on the inner border.


Then I did 1/4 inch echo quilting around the pinwheels and the inner body.


I used matching thread so as not to detract from the pinwheels.


And stitched in the ditch between the inner and out borders, leaving the outer border alone.


This is a photo of the back. I think it looks pretty cool.


And it is perfectly centered. A few of you asked me on the last post how I keep it centered. The answer is that you have to do a lot of careful measuring when piecing the back and then again after it is loaded onto the long arm. With a little planning and measuring it really comes up quite nice.

Now the binding is half sewn down by hand, so hopefully I will have some pictures of that soon for you.

Don't forget... ALL Westminster Fabrics are marked down to $7.15 per yard through March 11. We just received 100+ NEW bolts too!! Just click here to begin shopping.

Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

33 comments:

*karendianne. said...

I've been watching this one for quite some time (along with the silk piece) and ohhh it's turned out lovely! The quilting really enhances the piecing. Eye-poppin' beauty.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Spectacular!

Michele said...

Your quilting makes me swoon!

Oops-Lah said...

This is stunning. I already loved the quilt without the quilting but now it's spectacular. You really are a master at what you do. Bravo!!!

Terry said...

It's just beautiful Jackie! :0)

pcflamingo said...

That is SO beautiful! And the quilting is perfect.

Cathy said...

Your quilt is stunning. I love the colors and the quilting is to die for.

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Jackie, this is gorgeous. Your quilting is fabulous. Lucky Rosa!

dutch sisters said...

That quilt is so pretty, and I really love the quilting of the border!

Grazia said...

Wowwwww...it's so gorgeous!!!
....and I love the back too...;)
Grazia

Unknown said...

Wonderful quilting! Love it

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Excellent quitling! You really did right by it. Love it!

deborah said...

spectacular!

Nedra said...

Fabulous job on the quilting Jackie! Perfection!

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Oh those feathers are absolutely gorgeous! Your friend will most certainly treasure it!

Anina said...

I love it Jackie!
I just took a long-arm quilting class and it was hard!
All my respect for your wonderful quilting.

Barb said...

Oh my...that is absoutely wonderful!!

Poppyprint said...

Those feathers are stunning, Jackie!! Nicely done!

Teodo said...

Uauuuu MERAVIGLIOSO (AMAZING!)
ciao ciao

Mary said...

Nice Feathers! They make the quilt more than just Tesslating pinwheels. You have a two sided quilt now.

Teresa said...

Looks Beeeeeeeeeautiful.

Cathi said...

Oh, it's fabulous!!!!!
So cheerful -- and the quilting is wonderful!

Pat said...

What a HAPPY quilt!

Sylvia said...

That's so pretty! I picked up a Lil' Twister template at the quilt show this weekend, after being inspired by your tutorial, and am working on cutting out the pieces. It's not going to look this good when it's done, though!

Miriam said...

Beautiful quilting!!

Elzaan said...

Fantastic job!
Elzaan

Em said...

Breathtaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Janet said...

Stunning! I love the quilting, the feathers are out of this world gorgeous.

Joanna said...

Your quilting is so beautiful!

Vicki W said...

Oh my gosh, those feathers are perfect! I love everything about that quilt. If anyone is interested I wrote a tutorial for centering a quilt on the longarm. It may not be the exact method that you use, but it will work! http://3creativestudios.com/freeprojects/centered_quilt_back.pdf

Anonymous said...

Jackie, this quilt is beautiful! I love your quilting and your feathers are perfect...I want to be you when I grow up!

Bari

Anonymous said...

I'm getting a 404 file not found on your link to Westminster fabrics.

Sunnymay said...

Green is the way to go today and is a sign of luck and spring growth. I enjoy reading personal stories about touring and especially the Irish. what a great combination.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...