Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Back

Hello Everyone,

I really needed to get the back done for Rosa's Peruvian Pinwheels quilt. It will be delivered to her in just 2 short weeks!! I am so excited to be making this gift for her.

Anyway, I had some leftovers from my Colors of Peru quilt and decided they would be perfect to piece into the back for Peruvian Pinwheels.


I really like how the back came out and have it perfectly centered too.


Plus the fact that I had just the right amount of squares!!


Here they are side by side. As I type this, I have it on my long arm and am completing the quilting! This was my goal for the weekend. Hopefully tomorrow, I can get the binding on, at least by machine. This is small enough where I can hand sew the binding pretty quickly.

Also, in case you haven't heard... ALL Westminster Fabrics are marked down to $7.15 per yard through March 11. We just received 100+ NEW bolts too!! Just click here to begin shopping.

Also, don't forget to enter my giveaway by clicking here, today is the LAST day. Good Luck!

Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

19 comments:

Lynette said...

Wow, wow, wow! It's *perfect* - so Peruvian-looking, too!

Annmarie said...

Great quilt! The back looks so good it's almost reversible!

Sujata Shah said...

Jackie,

That is a lovely gift. It is going to be well appreciated, that's for sure!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the quilt looks so spectacular! what a great idea for the back - you have another winner here!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

deborah said...

You are amazing! That is the perfect back for the quilt - what a wonderful gift!

Oops-Lah said...

I love those colours! So vibrant and cheerful. The back is as beautiful as the front, almost!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Love this quilt, front and back! The blue is stunning with all that stripey colour. xo

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm sure she will be excited to get this. Either side up it will look great.

meli B said...

Oh I love those squares!

Barb said...

Love love love this quilt...

Lori (ltdermdvm) said...

Beautiful!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Getting my suitcase ready for it! ;-) PERU OR BUST!

MandMStudio said...

Love it

harleywife57/ Mickey White said...

It is like 2 GREAT quilts in one !!!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

This is stunning, Jackie! The back is just as beautiful as the front. Amazing!

Janet said...

It's stunning on both sides, I bet it glows with vibrancy. It's going to be fantastic when it's done.

Three Mennonite Quilting Sisters said...

I love this quilt. So simple and yet so stunning. How do you get the front and back to line up perfectly for quilting? --Julia pjgraber at juno dot com

Thimbleanna said...

It's beautiful Jackie! I love how the back and front are different, yet the same!

JJ said...

Very nice. I think a quilt with the back pieced also is so fun but I am always afraid it will end up crooked.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...