Friday, May 7, 2010

Basics

Hello Everyone,

For all of you who haven't heard, my friend Victoria, at Bumble Beans, needs some quilty help. She sent an e-mail out that really best explains what she will need.

I write to you today to announce my newest project for a charity close to my heart.

www.bumblebeansbasics.com

Some of you have participated in my HOUSE quilt block gather. That project has since finished, and I was donated 501 quilt blocks! I've been adding about 6 blocks per quilt, so if you divide that by 501 that means 83 quilts for little old me to make!

Some may recall that my friend asked me, slightly tongue in cheek for 700....!!!!!

I am not benefiting from this project, I organized it, as I was so happy to be able to contribute as many quilts as I can from the first project. But they need more.

We are asking for quilt donations that will go to homeless families being placed back into housing.

Please take a moment to read the new website.

And if you could please, Anything you can do to promote the site and get the word out.

Not only I thank you, but all the people at BASICS, and all the people who will receive your quilt donations...

please send to everyone you know.

thank you so very much.

Sincerely,

--
Victoria Findlay Wolfe
aka: V

I have offered to quilt many of the quilts for V and donate the batting, as my contribution to this great cause. These people are in need and we quilters are some of the most generous people that I know. Please help V and Basics!

Until Next Time...


Share/Bookmark

10 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Victoria does so much good for charities. Wishing Basic Housing all the quilts they need.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Jackie, You've been amazing and given so much to help this project. I thank you deeply, you are so appreciated!

V

alobsiger said...

This is such an amazing effort! Just amazing! Two quilts are on their way.

Carol said...

Jackie, do you know if they will take tops with the backing and binding included. I don't machine quilt but would love to help.

Barb said...

I tried the link but it would not work, sorry, it does sounds like a fun project.

I have alot of squares at home that I can donate if they will take any size.

Jewel said...

hmmm I can't seem to get to the website but I will keep trying. What size quilts are they looking for?

Unknown said...

The link is up and working now, sorry about that.

Lori said...

I will see what I can do, Jackie!

WoolenSails said...

I think it is a wonderful cause and a great way to help.
Someday when I get my life organized, I want to get some ladies from my area together and do charity quilts.

Debbie

Selvage Quilter said...

Hi Jackie,
I'm planning to go to V's house to sew bindings. Wanna come with me? We'll drive, then take the train, then walk. :)
Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...