Monday, October 15, 2012

Quilt Show

Hello Everyone,

This is definitely the season for Quilt Shows.  This weekend there was another great quilt show in a church and nearby my home.   So my mom and I went to see the church all decked out in quilts.  

I must say that I really love how these fabulous New England churches look all dressed up in quilts.  But the best part is I am going to share some photos with you.

Keep in mind as we walked out the door, I had forgotten my camera.  All these photos were taken with my iPhone.


Love the pews draped with quilts.


The lone star on the alter is just perfect.

Now some of my favorite quilts.


Very unique, very bright and colorful, totally a Jackie quilt.


Another view of the pews.


Another beauty by the same maker.


There was a nice selection of antique quilts on display.  Loved this Joseph's coat.


My friend Justine had many quilts in the show, most all of them I quilted for her.


Another great antique quilt, love the green.


A beautiful antique Lone Star.


Love this red, white and blue crazy quilt.


30s double wedding ring.


This basket quilt was started in the 30s and finished in the 60s.


A wonky quilt... love.


Justine's beach cabana quilt.


A Judy Niemeyer quilt, Cattails in the Meadow.  Pattern can be found here.


And this beautiful appliqué quilt.  

Hope you enjoyed the show!!

Don't forget there is still time to enter my giveaway going on here.

Also if you are in West Nyack, NY tonight stop by and say Hello... I will be doing a lecture on paper piecing at the Heritage Quilters of the Hudson Palisades.

Until Next Time....




Share/Bookmark

17 comments:

Steffi´s Candy Quilts said...

So many very different and beautiful quilts!
Thank you for the pictures. It´s always interesting to see photos from quilt shows, I think. :-)

Steffi´s Candy Quilts said...

PS: I tried to leave the above comment 5 times before the word verification was right. The audio button was even worse, maybe because I´m german. I didn´t understand only one word.

Michele said...

Awesome. I've never been to a show in a church before but that looks wonderful. Out of all that your highlighted, Cattails is my favorite.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

thanks for sharing this jackie...I love the Cattails in a Meadow...among many more. I posted a similar but much smaller show last week; in Nova Scotia. they had the same setup on a smaller scale.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

all of the quilts are beautiful and unique in their own ways aren't they - love the Joseph's Coat!

Abby and Stephanie said...

What a gorgeous mix of styles. Thank you for sharing. Loving those lime leaves.

Cal said...

What a gorgeous display! Love all those.

Barb said...

was nice meeting you and your mom -

beaquilter said...

wow! great quilts, my favorites are the leaf one is changing colors, then the christmas tree one your friend made, love the lights around the border! and the judy neimeyer one is great too...

Average Quilter said...

What a great collection. Thank you for putting them here so we could see

Nedra said...

I love the traditional quilts mixed in with the modern ones. A great show. And how fun that you could go with your mom. When does she head back here to AZ?

Cathi said...

What beautiful quilts! THat Joseph's Coat one has inspired me to get my Joseph's Coat project out and get back to it.
Thanks for taking us all along to the quilt show!

Anya said...

Lovely eye candy! Thanks for sharing.
I grew up about half an hour from West Nyack...if I still lived there, I'd be there to see your lecture!

Aspiring Mom2three said...

What a lovely quilt show and beautiful quilts! I just went to a quilt show last weekend and saw some similar patterns and am always amazed at the colors and creativity in each. Love the fun Beach Cabana quilt. We have a Joseph's Coat quilt in our home that my husband's grandmother made. Looks very similar in color! Thanks for taking on a tour of the quilt show. makes me long for more.

Zizophora said...

I agree with everyone else: we love to see quilt show photos! It won't be long now until your iPhone IS your camera. I thought it would never happen to me either :)!

Michelle said...

Wow. WOW!!! What an amazing quilt show. Thank you so much for sharing it!

momto1 said...

Thank you so much for posting all those pics. What a treat!

When my mom found out I liked quilts, years ago, she bought a partially-finished kit at someone's yard sale and gave it to me. When I saw that last pic of the appliqued quilt, I thought it looked familiar, so I dug out that kit, and what do you know? It's the very same one. I am so glad to finally have a picture of what it SHOULD look like. It's just gorgeous, and although it's all in funky 70's colors, I think I may just have the inspiration to finish it now.

Thanks again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...