Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 7... What Happened?

 Hello Everyone,

Yesterday was our last day at the Certified Instructor Judy Niemeyer Instructor Retreat!  I am NOW officially certified to teach her techniques and patterns nationally!!  WooHoo!!

Anyway, this post has less pictures... sorry.  We all began piecing our units together and subsequently had to take them off the wall to do that...  so here are some photos that I know you will appreciate.


Jodie's quilt was the one that was mostly whole on the wall.  Isn't it fantastic?  I just love the orange and red.  I can't wait to see this completed.


Sue was able to get a TON done and was just about ready to take this down when I snagged her for a photo.  She was leaving very early in the morning to head back to Alaska!


My table mate Cathy really channeled her inspiration... peacock feathers.  Her quilt is much more gorgeous in person!  


Lisa, also a table mate, really worked hard today to add her sails and they are gorgeous.  Love that she matches her quilt, just like the other ladies.


Cat was busy making all her units and finally got to piecing them together.  Here are a few of them.  Love the hot pink!!


I managed to get one of the wedges completely sewn together, only 7 more to go!  This was largely due to the fact that...


Judy did a technique demo using my units.  Thank you, Judy!!  I really needed that!

All in all it has been a week that I will remember.  I met lots of extremely talented, witty, creative, lovely new friends.  I feel I am amongst some wonderful people.  I couldn't ask for more.

You must stay tuned to see how my quilt ends up... I think you will be surprised!

Oh and one more thing...


That's right I will be chatting with my friend, Pat Sloan, on her radio show tomorrow!! You can listen in at 4:00 EDT.


I will be in good company too!  She will also be chatting with Marilu Henner and my friend Monica Solario-Snow, The Happy Zombie.  So come and listen in by clicking here on Monday, July 16 at 4:00 PM EDT!


Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

17 comments:

Copper Patch said...

They are AMAZING quilts. So much talent!!
I'm thinking that would have been a pretty fun class.
Abbe

Marylh said...

Jackie, congrats! Can't wait to have you at our guild next Spring for a class!
Mary fom Artful Hands in MA

Gari in AL said...

I have so enjoyed viewing your quilts in the making. I cannot even imagine making something so complicated and beautiful but thank you so much for sharing your great adventure.

Michele said...

Even unfinished I am blown away. I can't wait to see the finishes.

Kim said...

Oh my goodness! Your classes are gonna be full to learn this new pattern! Amazing.
Congratulations on your certification!

Happy Sewing, I'll be listening for you and Pat :0)

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

It has been fabulous to see these amazing creations coming together. Glad you had a wonderful time. xo

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

7 days straight of sewing - I would have been so ready for a break! they all look gorgeous and waiting to see the final look.
Karen

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Thanks for a fun week of photos of progress. I'm sure you will be a great teacher!

PB in Texas said...

Speechless! Wow

Selvage Quilter said...

Wow, I love all the quilt photos! That looks like lots of fun.
The big wedge you're holding is fantastic!
Hugs, Karen

mascanlon said...

Oh my, this has been a wonderful week for us to Jackie, thanks for sharing it with us. The light bulb finally came on with the photo of the wedge! Of course! That's how it's done!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your progress. It has been fun to watch!

Lynette said...

I love how your Mariner's is turning out! And don't you just *love* when Judy does the demo on your pieces. :)

Jean(ie) said...

Congrats on your certification, Jackie! I know that this will be a great move for your business. Yipeee!

I really enjoyed seeing everyone's take on the same pattern. Love all the different color combos.

Congrats, again! Safe travels back home...

Debbie said...

I loved seeing everyone's progress...thanks so much for sharing!

Jean said...

These are fantastic! Yours is going to be so beautiful, can't wait to see it finished.

Miriam said...

Congratulations Jackie!!

Thank you for sharing your photos. It is amazing how different fabric and colour choices can make a quilt look different.

Beautiful creations from everyone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...