Saturday, July 7, 2012

Bagged and Ready to Roll

Hello Everyone,

Many of you know that I am off to get certified to teach Judy Niemeyer's Paper Piecing techniques this week.  We will also be learning her new Technique of the Month (TOM).  That will only be able to be purchased through certified teachers or shops as well as taught by them only.

That means come January, 2013 when the pattern is available, you can get it from ME!! And if you would like me to teach it to your guild or shop, just send me an e-mail.


Anyway, I spent the better part of my week choosing my fabrics and cutting the yardages.


I am using batiks in grays (lights, mediums, and darks), black, yellow, green, and burgundy red.


I have bagged them into the proper sections of the quilt so it will make it easier for me to identify where I would like each fabric choice to go.


This is the pattern (TOM) we will be working on, a Mariner's Compass... I know it is grayscale, but you can envision it in color right?  It is a queen size, but there are other size options available... 74 X 74 and also an octagonal size too.


Here is a colorized version, not the colors that I am using though.  You will need to stay tuned here to the blog as I will be updating it throughout the certification retreat and you will be able to see mine grow!

If you would like me to teach, my schedule is here, some of the workshops that I teach are here.

Watch for updates!


Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

12 comments:

antique quilter said...

just beautiful Jackie I can't wait to see it in fabric :)
Have fun!
Kathie

Abby and Stephanie said...

You are the Queen of Paper Piecing. Wowzer...another spectacular pattern.

lousnewsandcraftycreations said...

Oh my gosh,can't wait to see this one built.x

Kim said...

Congratulations on earning your certification Jackie! You certainly have dazzled us with your finished quilts and use of colors in your Judy patterns.

Happy Sewing and safe travels

Carole said...

Wow! That is amazing!! Hope you'll post pictures of it in progress and can't wait to see it finished.

Pat said...

Holy Ambitious Project, Lady! I c an't wait to see it come to life. I'm sooo wishing I lived in your neck of the woods so I could take those classes!!

Have a WONDERFUL time!!!!

Jean said...

I can't wait to see this one unfold. Gorgeous fabric choices too! Have fun!

Nifty Quilts said...

How exciting!! Have fun!

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Good for you! Have a GREAT time and learn lots!!

Anonymous said...

I listen to your podcast and have enjoyed them in the past. The most recent one, dated in June 2012, has nearly 20 minutes of you going over your schedule for the coming year. Not really all that interesting, sorry.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Have a great time Jackie! Your quilt will be gorgeous! Love the cool gray with the warm brights!

Trines hobby said...

Nydelig!!! Er det mulig å kjøpe mønsteret???
Trine i Norway

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...