Sunday, April 15, 2012

It Was A Good Day!

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday was a very good day!  We celebrated my youngest's 17th birthday.  I can't believe he is 17!


Because it was such a beautiful day outside, we grilled my special hamburgers.  The hubs caught the grill on fire, there were no burgers harmed... thank goodness!


We are BIG fresh fruit fanatics and these were all so ripe and tasty.


Pavi had to be the official gift inspector.  He has added that to his other duties of quilt inspector.


Even though we had fresh fruit, on a birthday you have to have something decadent!  So I made him a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cake. Notice one thing I forgot was candles.  We searched the house and all we could come up with was a 2!  It was symbolic...


Slice of cake... everything made from scratch... buttercream frosting, chocolate chip cookies, cake, and cookie dough filling.


Lots of butter in this baby.



Looks great and was a ton of work, but so worth it for my son!


Low calorie and low fat, only in my mind.... You can find the recipe by clicking here.

We had a great day, great company and ended with this...


My boy and me!  Love you!

Happy Birthday!

Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

18 comments:

My Life In Quilts said...

That's probably the most fabulous looking cake I have ever seen and I want to eat it from my computer screen! What a great day you had. Happy Birthday to your boy! I am going to try this cake next year for my daughter's 17 birthday!

Unknown said...

С Днем рождения! Здоровья и счастья!!!

fiberchick said...

Happy Birthday to your son and what a lucky boy he is... Because that cake is epic!

alice findlay said...

well in my world fresh fruit cancels out cake!
we love to make cakes for our great kids

mascanlon said...

Oh my I am always inspired by your projects but this cake is over the top. I have bookmarked for a lovely Saturday afternoon project with my Grandaughter who loves to bake at Nana's. Happy birthday to your son!

Jean said...

I think the cake calories were offset by the fruit, so you are ok. Looks like a great day with your family!

Abby and Stephanie said...

My how they grow! Happy birthday to your son. Now that is one amazing birthday cake!!!

Barbara said...

WOW! What a cake. May I copy it? I also LOVE the fresh fruit. I'm getting hungry.

Cuz Kerri said...

That cake looks outrageous!! What are your special burgers? I can't believe he is 17!!!

sandra said...

Love the cake have to make it for my five year old grandson. Happy Birthday to your handsome son.

Nedra said...

Happy 17th Birthday to your son! You look so tiny standing next to him. We are just 40 years apart almost to the day. (mine is today, the 15th) His cake looks very yum!

Unknown said...

Barbara, you certainly may use the recipe. I provided the link in the blog post!! Just scroll back and click on the link.

Karen said...

I hope that cake tasted as good as it looked - fabulous! Happy Birthday to your son and many more.

ShariK said...

Happy Birthday to your son Jackie. I haven't eaten breakfast yet and that looks like it would be a perfect breakfast for me! : )

Barb said...

Aren't Sons a treasure!
What a fun day, love love love the cake -
Happy Birthday to your boy

Vicky F said...

That cake looks extra delicious; it's making me hungry for real buttercream frosting (with the cake, of course). I can almost taste it, it looks so good!
Happy Birthday to your son! He and I are almost birthday buddies, too!
Vicky F

sewVery said...

That cake looks so decadent! Yummy!

Karrie said...

Happy Late Bday! That food looks delicious ;D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...