Thursday, September 1, 2011

Were You Wondering??

Hello Everyone,

Well, were you wondering where on earth I was and also who the winner of Quilt Album might be?

To answer the first question, the hubs and I had scheduled a little getaway to Salt Lake City. I apologize for not letting any of my wonderful Utah blogging friends know, but the hubs and I really needed this little getaway. Haven't had one in a while. I must say it was refreshing, all except trying to get home.

Long story short, Sunday flights were canceled due to Hurricane Irene. They rebooked us for Thursday. Huh? So the hubs and I decided to find another flight, but that meant we had to drive to Denver so we could come home on Tuesday. And we made it and had some fun along the way.

Also, everything is good here. Just a power outage, no phone, and no internet. All is now restored.

So, a small tour of where we were...


The organ in the Morman Tabernacle. Just amazing, 14,000 pipes. And we were treated to some music too!


Gorgeous flowers everywhere.


Get a load of these things. Don't they look like giant whiskers? We had gone to a restaurant for dinner and these were just outside. They are basically giant stiff rubber hoses stuck in the ground.


Saw some of these... gorgeous quilts!


Treated again to some music via bagpipe. Very cool!

You know that song... give me a home where the buffalo roam and the deer and the antelope play?? Well, who knew that Utah had both on Antelope Island. It is an Island in the middle of the Great Salt Lake so we drove there. Take a look...


I used a zoom for sure. I would never attempt to get that close to this guy.


And the Antelope were keeping themselves cool in the water. Hopefully next time I am out in Utah, I can meet up with some of my wonderful Utah blogging friends. What a wonderful state you have! More to come on the next blog post... HINT... QUILTS!

Oh, I almost forgot, the Quilt Album Winner...


Thank you to all who entered, but there was only one lucky winner and that was #72...


Congratulations Anne!

If you didn't win and would really like a copy of Quilt Album. Just go over to my left side bar copy the discount code and click on the button to receive your $5 discount off this wonderful documentation program.


Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

18 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Welcome home. Looks like your get away turned into a little adventure as well.

Jean(ie) said...

Glad o hear that you came home to everything safe and sound.

I want to visit SLC. I'm really tempted to take the train to get there. While it would be a long trip, I think I'd see a lot of cool places.

Barb said...

It has been ages since I have been to SLC and it has changed so much. Glad you had a good time and found an alternate way home. No place like home!

Gene Black said...

Congrats to Anne.

WOW. I would love to see and hear that organ in person. Other than the trip home it looks like you had a great time.

Miriam said...

Glad all is fine with you at home.

Thank you for sharing those wonderful photographs.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it has been years since I have been to Salt Lake City - like 35 years at least!! Would love to see it again. Hope you didn't come home to spoiled food in the fridge & freezer from the power going out.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Thimbleanna said...

Oh You Lucky Girl! I LOVE Utah!!! I'm happy that you made it home safe too -- and that everything was ok!

Lynette said...

Wow! What a gorgeous Buffalo shot. :D

em's scrapbag said...

Glad you had a good trip. Wish I could have seen you but understand the need for a break.

Nedra said...

Yes! You are at my old trompin' grounds! My husband's grandfather did some of the carpentry for the pipes at the Tabernacle.
Did you try and float in the Great Salt Lake while you were out at Antelope Island? (kind of stinky, with a lot of bugs so I never do more than wade to my ankles)
I'm so glad you had a lovely visit. Perfect time of year to go.

WoolenSails said...

Congratulations to Anne!
Your trip looks wonderful, good time to be away, lol.
We were lucky, no floods or tree damage, just power out for a few days.

Debbie

Anne said...

What a great get away you and your DH had! I would love to see that organ some day, look at those pipes! Wow, thanks for posting such great pictures!
Oh, and what's with the giant whiskers? Those are kind of bizarre looking!
And a HUGE THANK YOU for picking my name! I can't wait to get my hot little hands on that software, what fun I'm going to have using it! Again, thank you to YOU and to Pat Sloan! Yipee!!

Gayle said...

Glad you enjoyed your visit to our great state. I live about 4 miles from the entrance to Antelope Island. Every summer they put on a Moonlight Bike Ride that starts at 10 pm and goes for 13 miles. About 1,500 people participate and it's a blast! I'll have to make a trip to downtown SLC soon - looks like there are some new things I haven't seen before!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

I'm so happy you are home! I get crazy when you are not just a phone call away in CT!! ;-)
I walked the wiggly things when I was there too... ;-)

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Wow, you have had a great time away, love the pipe organ, and those whisker things would look great with some Kaffe quilts hanging amongst them!!! Congrats Anne. xo

pratima said...

It's wonderful that you got to enjoy a lovely get away. Beautiful pictures of wild life.
Have a great weekend!

Sherri said...

I was wondering where you were...what a fun trip! And you got to go to Golden too....received the fabric yesterday and love it...just might have to order more! Thank you!

Andrea, the little collector said...

Glad you had a good visit in my home town! :) We were in town that same week. How funny! The hubster got delayed due to Irene too, but I just kept him around for a few extra days and LOVED it!

What a lovely quilt museum you found. Hooray for unexpected adventures.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...