Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sew In With NYC Metro Mod

Hello Everyone,

After all the excitement of the Quilter's Take Manhattan event in NYC, we did manage to get some sewing in with friends.

Everyone is a member of the NYC Metro Mod quilt guild and all extremely talented. I wanted to share some of the wonderful things that everyone was working on that day.


First up, this was Earamicha's Alzheimer's Quilt. I just love it, it really says a lot don't you think? Well done.


This one is by Victoria... Hmmm... I wonder if she had me in mind? They are totally my colors!


A quilt part of the Jay McCarroll challenge. This has his new line of fabric Habitat.


A string quilt... Love it!


David looking pensive, but in front of a very beautiful round robin quilt.


Teri Lucas gave a wonderful machine quilting demo. Hope to see you soon Teri!


Earamicha in front of her wonderfully graphic quilt.


Kim's quilt in progress. I love the color mix.


More works in progress.


Here is my block. Yes, the block was already made. What I did manage to make that day was the very teeny tiny flying geese you see on the side of this block. One word for geese this small... Insane!


Nicole with her beautiful Jay McCarroll challenge. Pomegranate was definitely the right choice, Nicole.

What a fun day and lots of inspiring projects!

One last thing... don't forget that all Australian fabrics are marked to $7.95 per yard through Friday in my shop! Find yours by clicking here.

Until Next Time....

Share/Bookmark

8 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Such diverse projects from very talented ladies! Love your itty bitty flying geese.

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

How wonderful to see such different gorgeous creations. Yes Jackie, those flying geese are very small, wow, that is going to look fabulous. xo

Nedra said...

All are wonderful and creative, but I still like your block the best :)

tropicslady said...

WOW, the block you made is GREAT! Is it from a pattern? I love the order of the triangles.

deb

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- it looks like you had a great time in NYC. Such inspiration everywhere!

Vicki Ibison said...

Wow, Jackie! Beautiful, tiny, flying geese!! Love it! I've been called insane a time or two also. Looks like you all had a wonderful time.
Vicki Ibison

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

We so needed MORE TIME!!!! not enough sewing time!!
;-) but we wtill had fun!

antique quilter said...

what fun, really enjoyed seeing the wip and pictures from the weekend I wish I could have been there.
Kathie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...