Monday, March 28, 2011

This Blog Post Is Brought To You By The Letter..... J

Hello Everyone,

Do you remember that from Sesame Street? Fun, just like the quilt I am going to show you. Late last year, my friend Stephanie and I agreed to do a swap. Finally, we were able to actually swap!! But most of that was due to my not being able to get my act together. You know the drill, deadlines kept creeping in and they took precedence.

Last week Stephanie sent me the quilt she made for me and I sent her the quilt I made for her. Today's post is just about the quilt she made for me.

Let me start by saying... I LOVE it!


She made it very personal with the letter J. I am assuming it stands for Jackie and not "Just in time"... LOL!


Look at the wonderful quilting. Dresdens something that Stephanie is very fond of, as am I.


Three mini dresdens made from Kaffe Fassett fabrics. She knows I love them and they are placed on wonderful pink fabrics, my favorite color... how did you know, Stephanie?


This is the back of the quilt another cute dresden on more pink fabric. And what do I spy, her little stamp... cotton twill tape with her business name Loft Creations.


Really aren't they cute?


Here is the entire quilt... I am in LOVE!


It hangs right over my sewing area, just perfect!! Thank you again, Stephanie, I so enjoyed doing this swap with you!

If you like Stephanie's work, you can find her patterns by clicking here and here.

Also, don't forget ALL batiks are marked down to $7.50 per yard through April 1. See them all by clicking here.

Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

24 comments:

crazylegs quilting said...

What a sweet quilt! I love it.

Abby and Stephanie said...

"J" for Jackie! One of the good things about doing a private swap with a friend is being able to change deadlines when needed. It makes me smile to know you love your gift and I'm tickled to see it hanging over your sewing machine. Thank you again for such a fun swap!!!

Thelma said...

What an absolutely adorable and perfect quilt. it looks great, the fabric, piecing, quilting, all wonderful, but not nearly as wonderful as the sentiment behind it, a treasure for sure. Lucky You! I just love where it is hanging, perfect!!

Pinkadot Quilts said...

Sesame Street, it has been a long time. Great quilt!

Thimbleanna said...

That's adorable Jackie! It looks just perfect in your sewing room, you lucky girl!

Kim said...

Brought to you today by the letter "J" :0).....you found the perfect place to hang it....I hope you both enjoyed the process of making a quilt for a dear friend. They are both terrific...I hope "S" show us where hers get displayed too.

Happy Sewing

Rumi said...

Adorable quilt Stephanie made for you! She is so creative isn't she!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Oh, Jackie! It's adorable!! Love the dresden plates. =)

*karendianne. said...

awww, this is really super special. How happy and sweet and thoughtful and all the good things that friendship brings!!!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh Jackie, How special! all the things you live and all the things Stephanie loves. Very special and beautiful!

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

What a great quilt and so special! I like where you hung it. I love Stephanie's blog, and yes, she is talented. She's also a very nice person.

Annette said...

It has been so fun to see both of your awesome creations this morning. I love them both. And so special!

Teodo said...

A wonderful quilt.
I saw your quilt on Stephanie's blog... it's fantastic.
ciao ciao

Regime - a Luta said...

Ficou linda a colcha ...

Ainda vou aprender a fazer isso .

Uma pergunta :

Como foi feito esse ponto da segunda foto ?

É todo costurado a mão ?

Se puder , me responda por email ?

cidangelino@yahoo.com.br


Obrigado

Um abraço

deborah said...

Fun and delightful! Exquisite quilting

Crystal Hendrix said...

Love the design! Very nice!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

OOH! It's so cute!!!Love those dresdens!!! and I love that polka dot... a fav of mine! lucky you! although I do have my own little one too...;-) Love my V!

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Both of you did an amazing job!! What a joy!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

It's stunning! What a beautiful piece to hang on the wall!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lucky you Jackie....that is gorgeous..

Teresa said...

My first thought when I saw the quilt was Happy and I have to say, that description fits you too. I always enjoy your blogs and they are always cheerful and make me smile. Thanks for sharing!

Cathi said...

What a fabulous quilt!! I love it!

Janet said...

You two were a great match for the swap. I love it and J can also be for me, lol.

Nanette Merrill said...

That really turned out cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...