Friday, March 11, 2011

Scrap EXPLOSION!!

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday, I went through my scrap bin for a couple of reasons. First, I am heading to Victoria's for a little weekend of quilting with 8 quilting buddies. But we are all bringing scraps so that we can create.

As you can see, I have my fair share...


Of course, I am sharing many of these and it will be fun to see them appear in other creations than my own. Man, these ladies are talented, so they won't go to waste.

The other reason is that I was making a little something for Victoria!! Shhh... she'll see it soon enough. But here are my cuttings from some of the scraps that I used for her. Cheerful, aren't they?


This is what my scrap space looked like when I was done for the day. A definite explosion, but loaded with creativity. I must say it was quite fun!


Do you have these types of explosions?

Don't forget, today is the last day for the Westminster Fabric Sale! They are marked down to $7.15 per yard. But, since I am away for the weekend your orders will be shipped promptly on March, 14. Just click here to start shopping.


Share/Bookmark

19 comments:

Anne said...

Must be something in the air - I had a day just playing with all my scraps and ventured into a wonderful adventure of making crazy patch blocks for the first time ever. Threw all the rules out and went with whatever happened. Didn't want to stop, but the family does have to eat, .

Lynette said...

Oh, my gosh! I have explosiong ALL THE TIME!! lolol :D

Abby and Stephanie said...

I'm looking forward to the weekend report! Can't wait to see what you made Victoria. I have an explosion in my sewing room right now.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Squeal!!!! We are ready!!! See ya soon!! :-)Love those scrap explosions!!!!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh have fun!!! Pictures, we want to share in your fun too!!!!!

deborah said...

Have a great time! Can't wait to hear about your sewing adventure!

Mommarock said...

Oh my.. just look at all of those colors and patterns.. they would make the most delightful crazy quilt.. right?? I can just see a child sitting and looking and discovering their favorit piece..no.. that one.. no that one.. wait that would be ME! LOL.

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

You are gonna have a great time! Can't wait to see what you girls come up with!

Char said...

I sure wish I could be there with you all having fun. I will be sitting here waiting to see all the post about the wonderful things you all create. Who doesn't like scraps?

Tina Craig said...

Love your scraps! I need to get organized and stitch up something scrappy. I tried to post on your twister quilt, but blogger was being mean to me. Anyway, your feathers are incredible!
Have a fun weekend!

Maria said...

Have a great fun weekend. looking forward to what you all create.

I would just LOVE some of your colourful scraps!!

Nedra said...

Have a wonderful, wonderful trip! I saw on Victoria's blog where you were coming. I know very creative, amazing things will be happening.

9patchnurse said...

You gals are going to have so much FUN! I love the picture of V's space with your tables all ready. Make sure you take lots of pictures and throw some twirling and dancing into your weekend!

Donna~~ said...

I think you win for loveliest scraps--looks like you've be having fun this weekend!

Poppyprint said...

Have a great weekend with your friends!!!

Barb said...

You sure do have the scraps....

Unknown said...

I bet lots and lots of yummy Kaffe-scraps in your pile :o)) Have a wonderful trip!

dutch sisters said...

Hm, I love scraps, yours are great! Have fun.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

YES! I have 2 cats (plus one daughter) who go through my scraps all the time. The cats drag the scraps all over the house and Punkie creates with them. I can never keep them under control.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...