Thursday, December 16, 2010

A New Gig, Pure Randomness and... WINNERS!!

Hello Everyone,

Yes, definitely an odd title for a post. I just couldn't come up with something more creative... it is late.

As the title states, I have a bit of a new gig!! I am excited about the fact that I will be a regular blogger, about once every 3 weeks, on dotCanton.com. If you haven't visited, please do, today is my first post there. It is a sort of local e-newspaper. Steve Wilder, who is the creator, asked me if I would like to be a contributor. I love the idea of me being a local gal contributing to a local blog.

So if you would like to know a little more about my small corner of the world, please visit, leave a comment and say hi!!

Anyway, onto more randomness...


Say hello to Henrietta! At least I think that is what her name is... please correct me Karen if I am wrong. Anyway, my talented friend, Karen, whom I have blogged about on many an occasion, not only quilts but she rug hooks!! And she made Henrietta!

She is quite talented and I really enjoy her and her company. In fact, I haven't seen her in a little while and really need another sew-a-thon Saturday really soon... hint, hint!! Miss you, my friend.

I had the honor of meeting Henrietta at one of our all day sewing events....


Isn't she just gorgeous!! The attention to detail is unbelievable. I so admire this work and am lucky enough to own one of Karen's pieces (a different piece than Henrietta). It is proudly hanging on my studio wall. Oh no, I will not ever, ever, put it on the floor. Although, I would love Henrietta on my wall too. Thank you so much Karen for being part of my life and a constant inspiration.

Now onto the winners of the Sarah Fielke "From Little Things" Fat quarters...


The lucky winner of the above fat quarter bundle is ...


Moe West!! Congratulations!! Remember to e-mail me your snail mail address.


The winner of this wonderful bundle is...


Mimi!! Mimi, you did not leave an e-mail address and it is not enabled in your blogger profile, so I could not contact you. Please send me an e-mail with your snail mail address. If I don't hear from you within a week, I will pick a new winner. So hurry!!

Congrats to both winners!!

Oh, don't forget to enter my giveaway for a wonderful Kona Bundle here.

****Don't forget everything in the shop is 15% off with the discount code all15 through tomorrow.***

Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

18 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Congratulations to the lucky winners. Oh my gosh what a gorgeous, fun and colorful rug. Henrietta is filled with personality. Oh boy, a celebrity in your own town...I'll have to click on the link. Have fun.

Dana Gaffney said...

Henrietta is gorgeous, that is definitely a rug for the wall.

Kathy said...

I LOVE Henrietta!!!!

The colors are fantastic!! Most hooked rugs I have seen are earth tones so this is very welcome change!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Congratulations to both winners!! Henrietta is just too cute!!!!

WoolenSails said...

Congratulations to the winners!

Love the piece she made for you. I have been stashing roving and things to try some pieces myself.

Debbie

em's scrapbag said...

Congrats on your new gig! That's awesome. As is Henrietta. Thanks for sharring.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

What a new gig!! Way to go girl!
I LOVE Henrietta!! She is not a rug but a work of art!

Michele T said...

Oh my gosh! i hope that I am not too late!! I am Mimi, one of your winners. This is awesome!! My email address is: micheletimms@gmail.com

PamKittyMorning said...

Love the rug!! I would never have thought about using fancy yarn for hair.. so clever. I really admire that kind of out of the box thinking.

Congrats on your new blogging job!! You are also so very interesting and clever.. I know it will be a hit!!

GerryART said...

Henrietta - her name fits.
Just read your post at dotCanton.com
enjoyed learning more about you.
happiest Holiday Hugs

Gene Black said...

Congrats to Moe and Mimi!

I think Henrietta is a wonderful creation!

Lisa said...

That is an amazing rug! I keep checking rug hooking books out of the library because any rugs in my price range are ridiculously short-lived. They say the hooked ones last a lifetime. I even went so far as to get some burlap and a pair of what I think are rug hooking rails (from a junk shop).

I cannot believe how pretty this one is. I would not ever ever be able to step on it either. But I bet if you did, it would not hurt it. :o)

Sherri said...

What an amazing rug...glad you are putting it on the wall!

Anonymous said...

Jackie always makes me feel like a celebrity when she honors me with a post! So happy you all like my rug! (She is for sale . . . ) If any of you have any questions about rug hooking, feel free to email at jasper6340@gmail.com and I would be happy to point you in the right direction.

Thanks so very much for everyone's kind words and enthusiasm! Be well and enjoy the Holidays.

Karen Miranda

Micki said...

Congrats to the winners!
Micki

Tine said...

Oh Henrietta is wonderful!
Congratulations to both lucky winners ;)

Unknown said...

wow...............Beautiful

Leah said...

i love henriettas hair, its funny.

and that fabric you were giving away is luscious looking! makes me want to head out to my nearest quilt shop!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...