Monday, December 20, 2010

Naptime!

Hello Everyone,

Yes, I think I can use a nap! But there is definitely nothing more sweet than a sleeping baby, right? Well, maybe a sleeping baby under a quilt!

This particular sleeping baby is my one year old nephew and trust me he is just too cute. He is modeling a small wall quilt that I made years ago for my brother.


At the time, my brother was into cooking with lots of spicy things. So, I wanted to make him a modern sort of quilt with this wonderful chili pepper fabric. Some of you may remember this from "back in the day". I think it was in the early '90's. I would have to look at the label on the quilt to see when I made it exactly.


Here you can see the whole quilt, with my sweet little nephew all snuggled up. I am so happy that it is now being put to good use. I think that the solids were also Kona. I tried to do a gradated effect with the colors too!

Off for my nap now... not really! Just cookie making!


Until Next Time...



***Don't forget all Westminster Fabrics are 25% off through tomorrow. Use the code west25***

Share/Bookmark

25 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Sweet. Looks like it now has a perfect use. Another "wow" quilt from you. Happy Baking.

Nedra said...

I love that quilt Jackie! And great job with graduating colors and the fabric selections. Is there a pattern? I can see it's a very easy block.

Elzaan said...

Lovely quilt. The colours are done very well!!!
Cute model...aaawww!
Elzaan

Dana Gaffney said...

Beautiful quilt, adorable baby, nice way to start my day, thanks.

Rumi said...

Adorble baby and wonderful quilt. I think I still have some of that chili pepper fabric in my stash!

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Too cute! Nothing like seeing a baby wrapped up in love!

Anya said...

Too cute!

Jill Chapman said...

He makes you want to nap just looking at him. He looks really happy under there

Cindy said...

Love the quilt and your nephew looks so adorable sleeping underneath it!

Becky said...

I soooo love the colors

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet pic!
And a very cute quilt, too.
Merry Christmas,
Karen

Vicki W said...

Hmmmmm, I need to make a baby quilt and this would be a great pattern!

Cathi said...

Love the quilt. Your nephew looks so sweet having his nap under the quilt!

Barb said...

cutest - ever!
love the quilt

sewfunquilts said...

Nothing sweeter than a baby napping. Have fun w/the cookies.

WoolenSails said...

How can you not love a baby in a quilt, he is so adorable.

Debbie

Poppyprint said...

I so miss those days of watching babies sleep. Adorable photos and a very spicy quilt!!

wishes, true and kind said...

How adorable! And the quilt is just the perfect size for him + a little growing room :D

Munaiba said...

The quilt and your nephew are both gorgeous!

*Staci* said...

He's adorable. I love the quilt too. :)

Sew Create It - Jane said...

***Sqeeele*** He's sooo cute and looks incredible comfy under his quilt!


Merry Christmas!

Sherri said...

Nothing cuter than a sleeping child under a handmade quilt! Enjoy your nap...and the cookies!

Grazia said...

So cute! perfect for your nephew...;)
Merry Christmas!

Simone de Klerk said...

How sweet and special!

Nifty Quilts said...

I LOVE this quilt! And the photo of the baby enjoying it, well that's just priceless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...