Sunday, December 26, 2010

Hunter's Star Quilt Has Been Gifted!!

Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas day! We did, it was very quiet and we just kind of did whatever we wanted to do... all day long! We definitely don't get days like that too often.

One of the main things that I wanted to share with you was the Hunter's Star (a.k.a. Hot Flash) was given to my daughter!! It is quilted and the binding is applied by machine on the one side. Only the hand sewing remains.


Here is my sweet daughter with her new quilt. She loved it! I am so glad too.


Here is the back. I pieced it with more black and white fabrics and four different blue and teal fabrics. In the middle of the backing you can see the label that I pieced right into the backing. This way it will always be there.


This took a team to hold up for a full shot. Here are the details:

~the quilt measures 91 X 91
~I used Quilter's Dream White Cotton Supreme batting.
~I quilted it with an edge to edge design with hearts and swirls and white thread.
~the pattern is Hot Flash and can be found here
~tools used were Petite Rapid Fire Hunter's Star Ruler and the Tucker Trimmer which can be found here.
~I will finish the binding over the next week so that it can go on her bed. More pictures to come then.


Until Next Time...


Share/Bookmark

31 comments:

Vickie E said...

It's wonderful! What a lucky girl.

Janet said...

At last we get to see it and it was worth the wait. What a big quilt, I'd love to see some more photos so I can see how you tackled the quilting.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Now as she snuggles under the gorgeous quilt she'll always feel her mom's love. It's beautiful.

Thelma said...

I love this quilt! Adding the blue prairie points to the black and white center was inspired! Most folks would have gone with red, or maybe yellow, I would have never tried the blue, but love it.

Remember what someone told me about the quilt for my Dad, how it will hug him when I can't, this quilt will be one big bear hug for her whenever she needs it!

I've got the pattern and rulers, I hope I get to this project in 2011! Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

lovely gift! is the supreme batting the thickest one? that will be nice and warm for CT winters if it is - would be too heavy here. Love the colors
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Tine said...

Such a beautiful gift! I bet she loved it :)

Tine said...

Such a beautiful gift! I bet she loved it :)

Maria said...

WOW! What a great gift for your daughter. I am sure she loves it.

http://maria-lifeontheblock.blogspot.com

Rumi said...

GORGEOUS!

tirane93 said...

stunning! that's a really beautiful quilt!

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

Simply gorgeous! She must have been thrilled!

Nedra said...

It turned out fabulous Jackie! And made with love. I'm sure your daughter will treasure it always.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I love it, glad your daughter loves it too!

Vicki W said...

It turned out great!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

those big quilts take so long to make but this one was definitely worth it! It's a beauty!

sewfunquilts said...

Beautiful quilt and what a job!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

It is one gorgeous quilt Jackie! Lucky lucky daughter!

Simone de Klerk said...

What a lovely quilt!

crazylegs quilting said...

Wow, that is a fabulous quilt! Lucky girl!

deborah said...

Beautiful work and awesome quilt!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

What a magnificent quilt! An heirloom already

Poppyprint said...

It is so gorgeous, and HUGE!! Wow, that's a stunning finish. I bet she loves it. I think it's great that you pieced the label and quilted it right in. A quilt appraiser who spoke at our guild once recommended that, so the label can't be easily removed. I rarely remember to do that, though!

Dandelion Quilts said...

I love BIG quilts...I am sure she will treasure it forever...what a great gift.

Canadian Kristin said...

Seriously!!?!?! THAT IS AMAZING!!!!!
I love the black/white stars and then the teals you used to set it off and add some colour and warmth and enhance the stunning-ness! Brilliant!!! The back is so fun and smart, you are brilliant! THIS is a gift that will be always treasured! Well done!!!

Days and colors said...

A gorgeous quilt for your daughter! A lot of pieces sewn together with love, isn't it a wonderful way to show her how especial she is to you?

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

It is stunning, I am sute she was thrilled!

Val said...

This quilt is stunning! It is gorgeous and I LOVE the back!!! I hope you had a great Christmas.

Cathi said...

What an absolutely gorgeous Christmas gift! I'm sure she was thrilled!

C said...

The quilt looks great!

Vesuviusmama said...

Of course she loved it - it's AWESOME!!!

Barb said...

what a great quilt and a great gift!
She must be thrilled with it -
Love your kittie photos.
Happy New Year

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...