Monday, May 31, 2010

Hand Dyed Inspiration Vol IV Memorial Day

Hello Everyone,

Happy Memorial Day! Please remember all of those who have fought for our freedoms today.

In that theme of patriotism, I would like to share with you some hand dyed red, white, and blue.



This quilt was also made with Cherrywood hand dyes. I made this top about 7 years ago and really need to quilt this one too. Interestingly enough, there is no white in this top, subtle grays and taupes. But it really does give that illusion of white.


This pattern, I believe, was in a magazine. Don't know which one, so sorry.


But I really do like this one and should have quilted it eons ago. The funny thing is, I know exactly how I am going to quilt this one. So I just need to get going! Maybe by the 4th of July.

Don't forget, today is the last day of the Memorial Day Sale on my website! You will get 20% off your entire order by using the code memorial20 at checkout! Have fun!

Until Next Time...


Share/Bookmark

17 comments:

pratima said...

Happy Memorial day, Jackie!
The hand dyed fabrics look so gorgeous in this pattern. It is going to be a lovely little quilt when you're done :)

Pat said...

What a beautiful look to that quilt!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love how this is set. Very rich looking. I know it will be even more gorgeous after you've worked your quilting magic.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I like this one. It's different from what we usually see for flag quilts.

Maria said...

Hi Jackie! I love your little patriotic quilt. It reminds me of your house!
Happy Memorial Day!
Maria

Thimbleanna said...

What a perfect quilt for Memorial Day! I've loved catching up on all your posts from when I was gone -- you've posted such beautiful quilts! I LOVE your Chocolate Raspberry Truffle quilt!!!

SheilaC said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing..

SheilaC

Poppyprint said...

Happy day to you, too. I like the subtle patriotism of this quilt a lot!

Unknown said...

Yes, that is cool! Hope you are having a good long weekend!

Barb said...

What a nice quilt to be showing today, I have enjoyed several that have been posted today (red, white, and blue ones).

Cherie in St Louis said...

Jackie, I made this quilt last year and mine isn't quilted yet either! The pattern is in McCalls Quick Quilts May 2005 magazine.

Cheryl said...

Love that quilt...the fabrics are perfect. Off to check out your sale!

Nedra said...

Happy Memorial Day to you too Jackie! Those hand dyes look fabulous in that setting.

Cathi said...

Those hand dyed fabrics have the most amazing depth to them. Beautiful!

Karen said...

The flag is fabulous. The solid hand dyes give it a whole different feel. Can't wait to see it quilted :).

Diane said...

What a striking flag pattern. Finish it and let it furl on the fourth!

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh wow. The hand dyes in this gives it a vintage yet fresh look.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...