Sunday, May 23, 2010

All Together Now

Hello Everyone,

This next quilt I am going to show is one that my friend and customer, Norma, made and I quilted. As soon as she brought it to me, I was in LOVE! There are definitely several reasons to love this quilt:

2. Bright wonderful colors.
3. The pattern is simple and easy to make (in a day, or weekend). It is called All Together Now and is available in my shop.
4. Wonderful size to wrap up in.



I quilted it with an all over quilting design, perfect for this quilt. Anyway, Norma made this as a gift for some friends and she loved it so much, she wants to make one for herself.


So we talked about it and I decided to kit this one up for my shop! Since I carry Kaffe fabrics, it was pretty easy to do. I just had to order a few more bolts (didn't have any problem with that either). Ordered a bunch of the pattern, then got started cutting!


I had a ton of fun putting the kit together for this, but I thought that many of you may already have lots of these fabrics and just might need to add a few more here and there. So I cut up a ton of NEW color coordinated fat quarter bundles!


And of course, you will have as much fun putting this together as Norma did, I know it. I also will be making one for myself. I just love the bright and happy colors! Oh, just to let you know I used a variegated rayon thread to quilt the quilt. The name of the quilting pattern escapes my mind, but if any of you are interested, just send me an e-mail and I will look it up!

Today is the last day to enter my giveaway on the post here. Good luck to everyone!

Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

17 comments:

Selvage Quilter said...

Wow! I love this quilt. I am definitely going to make one of these babies! String quilt method and all that color - perfect! And your quilting is gorgeous, as always.
Thanks for the inspiration.

Barb said...

What a lovely quilt!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Jackie it's a stunner, and your quilting sets it off beautifully! Ahh don't you love Kaffe's saturated colour, lovely to be wrapped up in! Great idea kitting it out too. xo

Abby and Stephanie said...

Fantastic! Like having your own personal flower garden indoors.

Tine said...

WOW WOW WOW! That is a gourgeous quilt!! I love that!
I would love one of those kits...will have to see if I can convince myself to skip the not-buying-fabric-for-new-projects ban ;) LOL

Jewel said...

Wow that is gorgeous! I am utterly broke but maybe I can buy the pattern and save up for the fabrics. So pretty!

Heather said...

the fabrics in that quilt are amazing. Your quilting enhances it beautifully.

Rafael's Mum said...

Jackie, you know allready I love this quilt! Just look at those beautiful colours!! Sadly I am on a fabric diet for a bit... but it certainly would be a contender if I wasn't!

Audrie said...

Just stunning! The colours are sooooo vibrant... definitely you! :)

Nedra said...

I'm not sure the name of the pattern but it looks like a mix of tumbling blocks and jacob's ladder. "Tumbling Jacob? (Just kidding) You know how I love those Kaffe's.

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

I love that! It's fun and bright! :)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Jackie this is such a happy quilt...the fabrics are stunning

Katie :o) said...

Oh-my-gosh!!!! Did I find the right Jackie??? A few years ago (before I even knew what blogging was...), we had a fun visitor at Country Treasures in Chester, VT. And somehow, my photo ended up on a blog. (Cutting fabric...) I joined the blogging world a couple of months ago & kept trying to find your blog through quilting bloggers. I kept looking under NJ, though.... Oooops! A few days ago I was going through old magazines and found one from the Country Treasures retreat book & magazine swap. From Canton *CT* :o) Hope I found the right Jackie or I am going to sound uber-crazy :o) LOVE the quilt and fabrics and I will definitely be back to visit your shop! Kaffe is difficult to find out in the back woods of NH :o)

XUE said...

I love Kaffe Fassett's fabrics so this quilt it truly wow! wow! wow!

prashant said...

I would love one of those kits
indian classified site

Cathi said...

Oh, I love that quilt!! The colours are so cheerful -- just perfect for a summer quilt!!

Michelle said...

I so love those vibrant colours and in such a lovely quilt...thank you for sharing..cheers Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...