Monday, March 22, 2010

Beauty

Hello Everyone,

I hope you all had a spectacular weekend. I sure did!! Mother Nature really took care of us with lots of sun and spring warmth. So we took advantage of that and got out everyday to do something fun.

Yesterday we went down to the Connecticut shoreline to Rocky Neck State park where we walked along the beach and went for a hike in the woods. I wanted to share with you some of the beauty that I saw through my camera lens...


View of Long Island Sound.


Going through the tunnel to make our way to the trailhead.


A beautiful mossy log with some interesting fungus growing. Along the blue trail on our hike.


Looking ahead on the trail.


A burl. We saw several.


The beautiful saltwater marsh. Home to many different species of animals.

I hope you have enjoyed this beautiful hike with me. Don't forget to enter the giveaway, today is the last day! And a special thanks to all of you who took advantage of the National Quilting Day Sale in my shop!!

Oh and one other detail... I started a Facebook Fan page for the shop. If you are on Facebook and would like to become a fan, just click on the Facebook box in my sidebar and join me!!

Until Next Time...


Share/Bookmark

29 comments:

Terry said...

What beautiful photos! We sure did have some lovely weather the past few days. Today it's pouring down rain. At least it's not snow! LOL

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

wonderful photos and bring backs such wonderful memories of our 3 1/2 years in CT back in the early 1970's. I loved that state.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Vesuviusmama said...

Beautiful photos!

Thimbleanna said...

Gorgeous photos Jackie! I so wish I were still traveling to NJ -- I'd have to make a side trip. Happy Spring!!!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

You picked a gorgeous weekend to hit Rocky Neck, Jackie!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Wow, that really was a beautiful area. Thanks for the tour.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the getaway...love your beautiful photos. Each one is gorgeous, love the log, and .....thanks for the post, it looks like such a beautiful area.
Come on over and check out my blog when you have a minute, I took a bunch in the cemetery.

Unknown said...

I got distracted by the phone, I never knew what a burl looked like until last night on PBS, they showed a guy cutting it and making a table. What a fluk that you posted a pic of one too. Love it.

Catherine said...

Lovely pictures of a beautiful place! I love the one of the trail!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh Jackie, you had a wonderful weekend too!! Thank you for letting us come along!

Poppyprint said...

What a gorgeous hike! Your tunnel photo has me all excited about my class with Esterita Austin on perspective (we'll fuse a doorway entrance) next month.

Elizabeth said...

That is just beautiful! I really enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing!

Victoria said...

Beautiful photos, Jackie! Looks like a gorgeous area!

Diane J. Evans said...

Great photos -- you have a wonderful camera eye!

Diane

Memaw's memories said...

Really enjoyed your post today. The pictures are great. I've seen furniture made from burled wood, but never saw a burl. Interesting.

Cathi said...

What gorgeous scenery!! You clearly live in a beautiful area -- and it's even more beautiful 'cause there's no snow!! :-)

Dandelion Quilts said...

Spring ! Hooray.

Rafael's Mum said...

What lovely photos! Thanks so much for sharing them with us. I really enjoy looking at photos from places I cannot travel to.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Spectacular..

Nedra said...

What a beautiful area! I have never been to your State and it was fun to be part of your world, if only in pictures.

Sequana said...

I *really* thot that pic of the tunnel was a quilt at the first sight of it. *S*

And it should be, don't you think?

Nanette Merrill said...

This makes makes me homesick for the shore. Lovely lovely photos.

Abby and Stephanie said...

A beautiful day for taking photos. I especially like the marsh.

WoolenSails said...

The last time I was in that area, was when we took the ferry over to long island. I really need to check out that area, lots of beautiful places to paddle too.

Debbie

Kathy said...

Great photos! And it looks like you even have some leaves on the trees already, that's impressive since its only March. Thanks for sharing!

Judy C said...

I love Rocky Neck, we used to take our daughters camping there. Now my daughter takes her daughters to the beach there, it's such a wonderful park. Looks like you had a good day.

Kim D. said...

Looks like a gorgeous day and what great photo's. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Gorgeous photos!

annemariesquilt said...

Lovely walk Jackie and the sea makes it perfect!!
Take care and have fun...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...